Here are several questions designed to assist you prescreen candidates in advance of scheduling them for full-length interviews.
- Candidate Name, Phone Number and Position they are interested in
- Interviewer Name, Date
- How did you hear about our company and this Career Fair?
- What made you decide to come to the Career Fair?
- Do you know anyone who works on our team?
- Did you bring a resume with you? (If yes – review and ask general questions)
- Are you looking for full time or part time work?
- Do you have reliable transportation?
- Any concerns about the roles and responsibilities as outlined in the job description?
- Why are you looking to leave your current employer or to get back into the workforce?
- If currently employed, how much notice would you provide your current employer?
- Tell me about your best employment or intern position so far and why.
- Describe your skills related to this position.
- What type of training would you like to have in order to be successful in this role?
- How do you feel about our company’s dress code and professional expectations? (Expand on what they are)
- What questions may I answer for you?
- Is there anything that you’d like to share about yourself before we close?
By asking these questions when you prescreen candidates, you’ll likely get to feel out if the candidate could be a good fit for your team, and if your company and the demands of the job you are hiring for is a good fit for the candidate, before investing the time and effort in-person interviews require. Remember, job interviews are a two-way street!
Looking to potentially join Chelsea Groton Bank? Check out the positions we have open!