At Chelsea Groton, we listen to customer feedback and explore ways to make the experience of our business customers great. Effective June 6, 2023, we’ll be bringing added convenience and ease to the Business Visa® Debit Card experience when we raise the daily point of sale limit from $2,500 to $5,000!
Here’s how it will work:
- On June 6, 2023, the daily point of sale limit on Business debit cards will automatically increase to $5,000.
- If cardholders would rather keep their current limit, no problem! Simply contact the Customer Care team at 860-448-4200 or download the Chelsea Live App to video call a team member, Monday – Friday 8am-7pm and Saturday 9am-3pm, prior to June 6 or anytime you decide you’d rather go back to the previous limit.
While we’re excited to bring this added convenience to business customers, it’s important to remember that businesses are liable for fraudulent transactions that happen on their Business Debit Card. We encourage businesses to take advantage of the following tools in order to protect debit cards from fraud:
- Smart Card – With Chelsea Groton’s Smart Card App for business, business owners can manage their debit card and all debit cards given to employees. Turn cards on or off, set spending limits, customize alerts, restrict cards to only allow certain types of purchases, and more.
- Contactless – When using the Contactless feature of the debit card, each transaction is accompanied by a one-time security code that protects card information. Rather than swipe or insert a card, simply hover the card over any terminal with the contactless symbol to take advantage of this added security feature.
- Business Mobile Wallet – When you link a business debit card to Apple Pay®, Google PayTM or Samsung Pay, the debit card is linked to an encrypted wallet on your mobile device or smartwatch for secure processing. When a payment is made in-store or online, a token is generated in place of the debit card number. The card number is never stored on your device or with merchants, and card information remains secure.
- Online & Mobile Banking – Chelsea Groton’s online and mobile banking platforms provide real-time balance and transaction information so you can monitor your account activity on the go. You can also set up Alerts, Deactivate/Reactivate your debit card, and communicate with our Customer Care team about suspicious transactions.
Questions about the point of sale limit increase or any of the fraud protection tools above? Contact our Customer Care team at 860-448-4200 or by video calling a team member through the Chelsea Live App, Monday – Friday 8am-7pm and Saturday 9am-3pm.